Sunday, February 08, 2009

New House Part 1

My first look at the new house was not promising - the grass was waist high and the garden had run wild.



The people living in the house behind were also using my yard as a shortcut to get through to my street as they live on a loop.

They'd even cut a hole through the fence to get through.

Ross, the maintenance man from the school, came and did the yards with his ride on which improved things.



There is a front porch that is supposed to be screened by shade cloth but whilst the framework is still there the cloth is long gone.

If I ever find the key to the padlock I will move my BBQ here - at the moment it is still chained up on the porch at my old house. I don't have anywhere for my outdoor setting though.
You enter into the lounge-dining area which also has the kitchen seperated by a servery bench top.




The placeas anything but clean. The bathroom is falling to bits - broken vanity, towel rails falling off and broken tiles.

The walls were filthy - both stained and grubby.

The cubboards were just as bad.

The built in wardrobes were full of mildew.

The walls and ceiling covered in spider webs.



After a lot of scrubbing I did get it to the point of being livable. It is a very territory design with the walls between most rooms and the central hallway being mostly made up of louvres like you normally see on outside windows. This is actually quite good in the tropics as it means you can open up a breezeway from one side of the building to the other.

There are 3 bedrooms.





Because I had to be out of the old place fast as a new family was moving in I had to bring everything over and just dump it. Add in the mildewed cupboards which meant I couldn't put things away and the end result is I'm still unpacking. But I'll take a second round of photos once I have everything squared away and show what I've done with the place.

4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Rover Bonfire said...

SO SWEET!!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Anna said...

looks cool! with a bit of work to do Where is it???

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger FlicG said...

OMG!!!! Wouild be fine if you didn't have a huge work load and a bit more notice huh? I'm sure you'll fix it up in no time though.... Bet Bunnings will love you!
Guess having 3 bedrooms means that any TL&S officer visitng has a bed?

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Jodie said...

SNAP = your photos of your house are identical to mine except I think you have better furniture. I heard you have a great neighbour though ha ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home