Sunday, November 02, 2008

East Alligator River

To get to Gunbalanya you have to cross the East Alligator River at Cahills Crossing.


At low tide it is very shallow, but it's really not somewhere you want to get out and walk - 4 metre Saltwater Crocodiles are regular visitors.


I would have liked to get a closer shot of this fellow, but given that the headlights lit up the road in front of the car, but did not light up what was beside the car, I wasn't about to open the door and get out.
;-)

3 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when are you sending me my new crocodile-skin bike jacket? :)

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops; that was me (Craig), btw...

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Jay said...

So come up and visit - you can make your own ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home