Friday, June 29, 2007

Singapore Day 2

Day 2 (Tuesday 26th June 2007)

Had some breakfast and then went for a bit of a walk around the city. Back to the hotel and just chilled out and read for a few hours before checking out of the hotel. I have to kill a few hours before it's time to go the airport so I start walking back to the river. However since I'm carrying all my luggage including my big backpack, my carryon bag and my laptop, walking around in Singapore's 90% humidity and 34 degree heat wears thin fairly quickly.

I spot CHIJMES, which started life as a convent, then became an orphanage and then a missionary school before ending up a collection of restaurants, bars and cafes, and settle down in the beer garden to relax drink a few tiger beers and type this.

It's about 5pm now and the heat and humidity are starting to fade (My mother wouldn't agree with me, but I've been living in Darwin for 6 years now, so I'm used to it), so I'm going to wrap this up and head off for another walk. I haven't really seen that much of Singapore so far, but I'm not worried about it as I have another 3 days here on my way back to Australia. I have to leave for the airport around 8pm, and then it's an overnight flight to Amsterdam. But that's another story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home