Monday, June 18, 2007

Apologies - and a new start

Hi Everyone.

Sorry that my posts break off so abruptly but I got caught up in something else and never got back to it. The big new is - I'm off again!

I leave for my first big European holiday next Monday 25th June 2007. I'm flying from Darwin to Singapore on Monday, spend 2 days/1 night there, and then take an overnight flight to Amsterdam, arriving 6am Wednesday. I've got 3 days in Amsterdam then I fly on to Berlin. After that the rest of my travel is by train, courtesy of an 8-day, 4 country Eurail pass.

Once I hit Berlin I jump straight on the train to Munich. I spend a few days in Munich, then return to Berlin for a few more, giving me a week in Germany in total.

After Berlin it's the overnight train to Paris via Brussels. I spend 3-4 days in Paris, then take the train to Bordeaux to check out the wines. From there I head over to Venice. Depending on how much time I spend in Paris and Bordeaux I may or may not stopover on the Riviera on the way. All up it's 8 days in France.

After 2 days/1 night in Venice I move on to Rome for 3-4 days. I fly out of Rome, stopping over in Singapore again on the way back, this time for 3 days/2 nights.

I would have liked a bit more time in Italy but the connections don't work as well on the way back. Still I think it's going to be a fantastic trip and I can't wait.

Rather than trying to type up my travel diary after I get back this time I will be taking a laptop with me and posting it here as I go along. I'll include some too.

That's all for now. With any luck my next post will be from a hotel in Singapore.

J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home