Sunday, February 19, 2006

Everyone's gotta start somewhere...

Well here it is. After much umming and ahhing I've finally decided to bite the bullet and start a blog. But where to start? I guess I should start with an intro.

My name is Jason Motbey and I'm a 35 year old school teacher from Darwin, Australia. I've been into computers since the days of the all conquering Microbee, and have been a net presence, albeit a small one, since 1991. Apart from my obvious interest in computers, I am a hockey player, eightball (pool) player and motorcycle rider. I am also mad about the water, and surf, swim, scuba dive and sail. In fact if it can be done in, on or under the water you can be pretty sure I've done it.

I teach Computing and Maths at Dripstone High School (http://www.schools.nt.edu.au/drpstnhs/), which is a coeducational comprehensive high school for students in years 8-12 (ages 13-18). We have approximately 800 students.

I have been riding for 15 years now, and currently ride a Kawasaki GTR 1000. It's a large comfortable road touring bike, and I have done two long trips on it - one loop through the eastern states of Australia, and one done the west coast, both of which were about 10000km (about 6000 miles).

That's probably enough for one day, so I'll leave it there. Hopefully it'll get more exciting as I get the swing of this.

Have a good one,
J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home