Monday, March 06, 2006

Bali - Week 2

After a week in Kuta I was more than ready to get out and see the rest of Bali. We hired a local driver named Katut to take us up the West Coast to a fishing village and dive spot called Pemuteran.

On the way we stopped at one of Bali's best known water temples, Tanah Lot. The area around the temple has become a bit of a tourist trap, but the temple itself is still a very beautiful spot.


From there we continued to Pemuteran. Pemuteran itself is a small fishing village in a shallow bay with a collection of 4 or 5 resorts at the western end. It's only real signifigance lies in the fact that it is the closest place to nearby Menjaggan Island, a terrific diving location with some amazing coral formations. We arrived on Christmas Eve, and I spent my Christmas Day out on a dive boat with a great bunch of people enjoying some gorgeous weather and some terrific diving. I've got to say that as much as I missed spending Christmas with my family, there are definitely worse ways to a spend a Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home